Introduction and Scope:
• Ombudsman [Vidhyut Lokpal]: Introduction and Scope:
• As per the provision of Sub-sect.(6) of Sect.42 read with Sect.181 of the Electricity Act, 2003, GERC has appointed the Ombudsman as an authority for hearing appeal against the decision of the CGRFs of the Distribution Licensees.
• Any consumer/complainant may file their appeal before the Ombudsman in written mode, against the decision of the Consumer Grievances Redressal Forum [CGRF] in regards to failure of power supply, interruption, quality of supply, meter, meter box, metering arrangement, service line, payment of bills new connection, additional load, reduction of load, shifting of connection or line etc and in the matter of electricity supply and electricity related service matters of the Electricity Act, 2003.
• Pre-conditions/ Limitations for Entertaining Complainant's Representation to Ombudsman.
A representation may be entertained by the Ombudsman only if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- It has been filed by the Complainant (aggrieved Consumer). For avoidance of doubt,
a Licensee is not allowed to file a Representation before the Ombudsman against the order of the Forum.
- The Complainant had, before making a Representation to the Ombudsman, approached the Forum
constituted under sub-section (5) of section 42 of the Act for redressal of his/her Complaint/Grievance.
- The Representation by the Complainant, in respect of the same Complaint/Grievance,
is not pending in any proceedings before any court, tribunal or arbitrator or any other authority,
or a decree or award or a final order has not been passed by Ombudsman, such court, tribunal,
arbitrator or authority.
- The Complainant is not satisfied with the redressal of his/her Complaint/Grievance by the
Forum or the Forum has rejected the Complaint/Grievance or has not passed the order within
the time limit specified or Distribution Licensee has not implemented Forum’s order within specified time limit.
- The Complainant has filed the Representation before the Ombudsman within 30 days from the date of receipt
of the order of the Forum or date of expiry of the period within which the Forum was required to issue the
order, or date of expiry of the period within which Distribution Licensee has to implement Forum’s order,
whichever is applicable:
Provided that the Ombudsman may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of 30 days
if the Ombudsman is satisfied that there is sufficient cause for not filing it within that period.
- The Representation does not fall under Sections 126, 127, 135 to 139, 152 and 161 of the Act.
- The Complainant who claims compensation from the Distribution Licensee has paid such fees as
may be stipulated by the Commission from time to time.
- The Complainant has deposited one third amount in terms of Forum’s order, if required,
with the Licensee and submit proof of payment made.
Address and Contact details of the Ombudsman [Vidhyut Lokpal] of Gujarat:
Office of the Electricity Ombudsman
Barrack No. 3,Polytechnic,
Phone: 079 - 26302689
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.gercin.org